- To exchange information and connect with leaders and their members in an effort to grow our combined network list exponentially.
- To build morale and show individuals that hundreds of other people are fighting for similar causes.
- To solve problems that have gained traction in other cities/states and determine the most effective way to translate those successes in other regions.
- To initiate policy on key issues that will be followed and carried out by all participating organizations, businesses and individuals.
- To execute a 5-year business plan that will tackle the most pressing causes facing the Southeast.
- To designate time periods in each of the five years that will be devoted to one particular cause and then work together towards its resolution.
- To inspire continued efforts in establishing local and statewide change year round.
- To share success stories over the course that the 5-year business plan is in effect.
1. To replace unhealthy, high-fat foods in public school lunches with healthier, yet delicious options.
2. To help steer industry away from single-use plastics and Styrofoam.
3. To remove greyhound racing from the gambling industry.
4. To phase out inherently cruel delicacies which are foie gras and veal.
5. To see an end to the use of electrical prods and bull hooks on animals.
6. To even the playing field and end bait and canned hunting.
7. To protect our health and drinking water by ending water fluoridation.
8. To minimize harmful environmental practices in businesses looking to get established in the Southeast.
2. Bookmark The Girls Gone Green project (#20336)
3. Come on out and VOTE from April 9th through April 13th!
COME CHECK OUT OUR FAST PITCH @ ONE SPARK
WHEN: FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2014
WHERE: HEMMING PLAZA, 135 MONROE STREET WEST, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32202
On Friday, April 11th at 6:30 p.m. in Hemming Plaza, Julie Watkins, Executive Director of The Girls Gone Green will take the stage for a brief 5 minutes to try and convince you why our nonprofit deserves to be awarded.
If you can't make our pitch no worries, we will be out there all day Wednesday through Sunday (April 9-13) at Main Street Park! Please swing by our tent, take pics with our mascots, try some free samples and most importantly - VOTE FOR OUR PROJECT!
What sets your Project apart from what is currently available?
Not many organizations fight for healthy eating habits and protection of the environment and animals as passionately as we do. We are a volunteer-run organization working with a limited budget. Successes include the growth of our Northeast Florida Veg Fest every year since 2010, turning our local campaign, No Meat Meat, into an international initiative, raising awareness about health and nutrition, phasing out Styrofoam in restaurants at the beaches and more. We are ready to take these wins and experience gained to a bigger platform which will make an even bigger difference.
Why are you and your team the best people on the planet to handle this project?
We are driven by our hearts and our need to make our community better, cleaner, healthier and more humane. Five ladies have been able to effectively tackle issues that come with a lot of stigma, and we've done it with a positive attitude. We have seen our local community transform since starting our nonprofit and we are ready to spread that transformation beyond our city limits.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP TO THE ONE SPARK PITCH!